Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Some finished items in 2009




This is the Just Enough Ruffles Scarf designed by Laura Chau of Cosmic Pluto Knits. Next time I knit this, I'll use a less scratchy yarn. It was unexpectd that this yarn turned out scratchy. It was by Naturallycaron.com yarn called COUNTRY (75% acrylic 25% merino).



The Feather Shawl by Hand Jive Knits. Darlene's patterns are charted (no written out instructions). Since I used to test knit for her, I am used to her charts but unfortunately, for a beginner, it might be a little confusing. Enlarging her charts will definitely help and I think there are better chart softwares out there that makes it a lot less confusing and more easy to decipher.



Here is the Damson shawl by Ysolda Teague. I am definitely a fan of her designs. Her patterns are written out and charted. The charts are very easy to read, even for a beginner. I own 2 of her booklets. The yarn I used is a handpainted Superwash Merino sock yarn I bought at Lambtown years ago and never used, until last year.


Finally, the Central Park Hoodie, from the Knitting Daily website. I am now joining the 6,000 or so knitters who have knitted this cardi. I'm finding it an easy knit, cables and all. But this will need major blocking or it will be a tight fit. I'm knitting the size 36" one and finding that it might be a bit snug. The next size is a 40" but I could have just added a few stitches more to each side. Oh well.

1 comment:

Nik said...

I haven't made a Central Park Hoodie yet. However, it's in my file of "Patterns I want to knit". It's one of those patterns that simple but impressive. Can't wait to see yours.