Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving has come and passed. The family has become smaller. Our first Thanksgiving without mom. Christina did not make it home. She decided to stay in LA for the 4-day weekend. But, we know she'll be home during the Christmas holidays.

My sister and her husband also decided to go on vacation to Mexico during the Thanksgiving holiday.' nuff said.

My oldest daughter, Danielle, was here though. She got to spend some time with my dad, watching football on the big 3-D tv my dad bought. Have I said that he loves 3-D movies?

I cooked a smaller turkey this time, well, actually, it was just huge turkey breasts. Everything else gets thrown away anyway. No one here eats red turkey meat.

My husband got to spend a few Thanksgiving hours with his family. He really wasn't motivated to go with all the strife going on but I told him that his mom wouldn't want the family to break apart. It wasn't the same though, without my mom-in-law there. I'm glad he went. While he relayed some news about the goings-on with his family, I found myself asking , "So, what did mom say?" not realizing that she wasn't there. That just made me sad.

Up 'til now, I still question God as to why he took both our moms on the same day. I may never know the answer.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Our Thanksgiving was much smaller too, we usually have over twenty, and this year we had dwindled to only about 7, eight with a friend of one of the kids, and so we went to Cracker Barrel. In the morning some that were traveling came by for breakfast, and then after lunch at Cracker Barrel DD and I stopped by Kmart and she did a little shopping. When we got home everyone who was still in town came for more snacks and desserts, actually another smaller meal, and all in all it was a nice but different Thanksgiving. Things change, but they can still be good. I know you miss your moms, but I hope that yours was still good too when you got together with your turkey breast. We don't like the dark meat much either, so turkey breasts are how I go, too.