Saturday, March 05, 2011

I've succumbed

...to knitting the Cobblestone pullover by Brooklyn Tweed. The Electric Sheep keeps talking about it, how easy it is to knit and how wonderful it is to wear, even for a girl. So, I will knit it for myself.

I'm sure you've all heard of the boyfriend sweater curse. I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in curses but I'm not one to challenge it. I am knitting the smallest size, 39 1/2" across the chest, the smallest size for a man. Now, if my husband wants to borrow it, of course, I will let him use it but it is not for him at all. Hubby has muscles and is wide across the shoulders, so, I don't really know if it will fit him. It will be tight for sure, he, he.

As you may know, I have been listening to British podcasts and the BBC Radio 4 network on iTunes and I believe it is affecting my accent (not in a good way). Like I told my son, I am having troubles pronouncing my words. Having lived in the US since the early 80s, speaking English more than half my lifetime, I've been Americanized. Once in a while, I still speak Tagalog to my dad, and my sister, and sometimes, my hubby. I have the normal American accent down pat. Listening to Brits speak is wreaking havoc. But I can't get enough of it. I am so fascinated by the accent.

I want to live in London for a year. Then, a year in Hawaii.

No comments: