Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I have been trying not to write this because it depresses me. I hate being sick and this chronic cough is getting the better of me. There is this one gadget that saved my sanity. It's called a Peak Flow Meter. First of all, my Xray came out fine and so did my Spirometry (breathing test). So, what could be wrong with me? Asthma?

I have been to my doctor 3 times this month and twice last month. No one even suggested a Peak Flow Meter. Finally, with the last visit, he explained to me how it works. My meter reading was very good. I wasn't experiencing an asthma attack at all.

So, I've been using this meter everyday now, for over a week, and I only had to use my albuterol once (before my exercise session with the treadmill).

I am, however, also perimenopausal. And if I was to believe everything I read on the internet, declining hormones can completely get you all wacked out. Big time.

Here are some of my symptoms:
1. anxiety (tightness in the chest, shortness of breath)
2. insomnia ( I wake up at 3 am in the morning, regularly)
3. Acid reflux (gerd)

All of the above happens around dinner time and before I go to bed. I am even afraid to go to bed nowadays, anticipating the oncoming attacks.

What relaxes me? KNITTING and listening to podcasts and audiobooks. AND, my faith in God , that He will deliver me from all of these. I am totally in His hands. If only I will remember to not worry.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I hope that you are feeling better. I have always had some of 1., 2., and 3., and St. John's Wort helps 1, I don't do so well with 2, and 3 I take omeprazole (the generic for prilosec) everyday and I am good. I don't know if these would help you but just wanted to mention them.